Chicken with bone- 4 pieces/ boneless -100 gms
Carrot 1 (Baton cut)
Beetroot 1 (chopped)
Onion 1 (cut in quarters)
Honey 1 tsp
Garlic 3-4 crushed
Olive oil 1 tsp
Yoghurt 1 cup
Quinoa 1/4 cup
Sesame seeds 2 Tbsp
Lemon juice Half a lemon
Salt to taste
1. For chicken with bone, boil it in a pan with 3-4 crushed garlic, 1 inch grated ginger and one small onion cut in quarters
2. Boneless chicken can be cut into small chunks and used directly
3. Heat olive oil in a pan and add 2 crushed garlic
4. Add the carrot and onion and fry for 5 minutes
5. Next add the chicken and cook till chicken is done (when adding raw boneless chicken, for boiled chicken just stir around for a minute)
6. Add the lemon juice and honey and mix well
7. Boil the quinoa in another pan with half cup water till all the water is absorbed by the quinoa
8. Mix the quinoa with the chicken and veggies in a bowl
9. Fry the beetroot with onion in a pan till it is done
10. Mix 2 crushed garlic and the cooked beetroot with yoghurt for the dip
11. Dry roast the sesame seeds till brown and garnish on salad and the dip
Note: I have talked about the health benefits of quinoa in an earlier recipe. It is on the list of 12 superfoods published by Harvard Medical. Need I add more? Chicken gives you Protein, Vitamin B complex and Selenium. Carrots are rich in Vitamin A and Biotin (good for that thinning hairline). Beets are highly nutritious with multiple health benefits of reducing blood pressure, fighting cancer and reducing inflammation. Remember, the more variety of colours (of fruits and vegetables) on your plate, the better!
Yoghurt is again a superfood which should be had everyday. It has numerous benefits not least amongst which is aiding digestion!
You might think that this recipe is too complicated with too many separate steps but in reality those steps are really simple like boiling, mixing, lightly frying and cutting vegetables in big pieces which really reduces the cooking time.
I am Annesha, collector,compiler and creator of useful recipes. If you are short on time, ingredients or motivation but still want to eat a healthy meal, this is where you look for meal plans.