Chickpea-200gms (1 bowl, after soaking)
Tomatoes-3 (medium sized, roughly chopped)
Garlic-7-8 cloves (crushed)
Cumin powder-1 tsp
Cinnamon powder -1/2 tsp
Pepper powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. The chickpeas has to be soaked overnight
2. Heat the olive oil and add the onion and garlic
3. When the onion is soft (not brown) add the tomato, cumin, cinamon, pepper and a bowl of water
4. Add the chickpeas and simmer the mixture for 8-10 minutes
5. Add the juice of half a lemon and lemon zest
6. Mash the chickpeas and tomato using potato masher so that the soup has a chunky quality
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves
Note: As mentioned earlier, chickpea or kabuli chana is a wonder food full of healthy nutrients like protein, vitamin B6, Iron and Zinc. Tomatoes have high amounts of antioxidants that have been linked to reducing risk of cancer. They also contain significant amounts of vitamin C which is required for boosting immunity.
I am Annesha, collector,compiler and creator of useful recipes. If you are short on time, ingredients or motivation but still want to eat a healthy meal, this is where you look for meal plans.