1. Drumsticks- 15-20
2. Tomato- 1 (Grated or puree)
3. Garlic- 4-5 cloves
4. Salt- To taste
5. Turmeric- 1/4 tsp
6. Green Chillies- 2
1. Slightly scrape the surface of the drumsticks with a knife and cut them into big pieces
2. Boil the drumsticks on medium flame with water till they are soft
3. To heated oil, add the crushed garlic and slit green chillies
3. Add the tomato puree, salt and turmeric
4. After the tomato is cooked well, add the drumsticks and stir around
Note: Drumsticks contain a whole range of vitamins and minerals like vitamin B complex, vitamin C, zinc and calcium. In fact they are so healthy that pregnant women are recommended to have it to fight of infections. The high fibre content also aids digestion.
This recipe tastes wonderful with white rice. Really earthy and pure flavours of garlic, tomato and chilli come through. You can also add a bit of water to it in case you want more gravy.This really simple yet tasty recipe was passed on to me by my husband's grandmother who made it and told me the recipe during a family wedding. I like how such traditions are passed on and kept alive :)
Here's my attempt to preserve it as a digital fossil!
This is Mohini Maasi,Karan's father's maternal aunt. Phew!
She is the one who taught me this recipe and showered me with much love!
I am Annesha, collector,compiler and creator of useful recipes. If you are short on time, ingredients or motivation but still want to eat a healthy meal, this is where you look for meal plans.