1. Chicken-500 gm (with bone or boneless)
2. Carrot -1 (cut longitudinally)
3. Mushrooms- 3-4
4. Potato- 1 (diced)
5. Whole black pepper corns- 1 tsp (freshly crushed)
6. Cooking wine- ½ cup
7. Garlic – 8-10 cloves (crushed)
8. Tomato- 2 (grated/pulp)
9. Onion- 1 (sliced)
10. Mixed Herbs- 1 tbsp
11. Salt- As per taste
12. Olive oil
1.Rub salt and pepper on the washed chicken pieces and leave aside for 10 minutes (you can cut the vegetables while chicken is marinating)
2. Heat olive oil and add the chicken pieces with heat on high and cook till chicken turns slightly brown. Keep the chicken aside.
3. Heat olive oil and add the crushed garlic. Turn heat to medium.
4. Add the carrots, potato, onion and mushroom and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the tomato pulp, mixed herbs and salt as per taste.
6. Add the cooking wine and the chicken and bring to a boil on high heat.
7. Next add two cups of water and simmer on medium heat while the pan is kept covered.
8. Once the potatoes and chicken are cooked through, the dish is ready.
Note: The one ingredient that you might not have in this recipe is the cooking wine. I believe keeping a bottle of cooking wine is a good investment since it can be used to add an exotic flavour to any dish. In fact, the dominant taste of this dish comes from the cooking wine. The combination of vegetables and chicken makes this a whole some meal. You can pair it up with some garlic bread to add some carbohydrates to the meal.
In this picture, the stew is not visible. When you are simmering on low heat in the last step, choose how much of the stew you want to keep and accordingly turn off the heat.
I am Annesha, collector,compiler and creator of useful recipes. If you are short on time, ingredients or motivation but still want to eat a healthy meal, this is where you look for meal plans.